The SSW/WLAN interface converter is a network-based serial device server, with which any device with the RS232 interface can be operated in a 11/54MB/s TCP/IP-based wireless network. The device provides a transparent and serial interface, covering distances up to 100 meters.
The display elements are very clear: two green LEDs, with one displaying send activity and the other receive activity, while another green LED displays the existing network connection and a red LED displays operational readiness.
Configuration can be carried out via Telnet, the serial interface, a web interface or a configuration utility for Microsoft Windows operating systems. The configuration interfaces are password-protected.
- Connector: D-sub 9-pin male
- Transfer speed: 300 bps – 230,400 bps
- 7 or 8 data bits
- 1 or 2 stop bits
- no, even, odd parity
- Control lines: RTS, CTS
- Flow control: XON/XOFF, RTS/CTS
- Interface: IEEE 802.11b; 802.11g
- Frequency: 2,412 – 2.484 GHz
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ARP, ICMP, TFTP, Telnet, AutoIP, DHCP, BOOTP, http, SMTP, SNMP
- Security: IEEE 802.11i – PSK with AE-CCMP, WPAPSK, TKIP, 64/128 bit WEP
- Dimensions: 68mm x 84mm x 24mm
- Weight: 120g
- Electricity supply via AC adaptor 5.6V 500mA
- Power consumption max. 250mA